Most of the websites now have RSS feed and by using we can easily import content to WordPress. There are two ways we can do this. One solution is to use a WordPress autoblog plugin, the other is to use the built in RSS feed import tool of WordPress. By using an autoblog plugin, we need to add the RSS feed of the site and posts will be automatically generated.
Importing RSS feeds can be very useful in case you want to change your content management system to WordPress, or if you want to import your content from other blog system such as Blogger. Here are the steps you should do to import RSS feeds to WordPress using the built-in RSS importer tool.
- On the left side of the WordPress admin dashboard, you can find the “Tools” menu, in it click on “Import”
- You will find many possibilities for importing, of course select the RSS import option.
- The next step is to click on the “Install now” button. The needed plugin will be installed, and after the activation, you can use it.
- Then, you should run the RSS feed importer; therefore you need to find the RSS file and upload it.
- Click on the “Choose File” button, and find the RSS feed file on your computer.
- The final step is to click on “Upload File and Import”. WordPress will automatically gets the content of the RSS feed file. When the process is over, you will have a message that “All done”. Your posts, made from the RSS feed, are ready.
The greatest thing of this sort of RSS feed importing to WordPress is that it is fully automated.
Last updated byat .