It is not hard to find a WordPress shopping cart solution. There are quite a lot of WordPress ecommerce themes and plugins as well, both free and premium ones. Using a WordPress shopping cart to build your online store is a good idea considering that beside the features the plugin or the theme offers we can use other plugins as well to extend the functionality of the webstore. Moreover, WordPress is easy to use and optimized for search engines.
On the other hand, you must be very careful when you pick a shopping cart software for your webstore as different projects need different sort of solutions. I mean, if you want to sell one or two products online you do not a complete WordPress shopping cart, may be a plugin is enough. In case you want to sell more products and need more features you should get an ecommerce theme.
Furthermore, there are many functions that are must have and must be checked before you start to build your store. If you pick a solution that is not proper for your business, sooner or later you will have problems with selling, modifications and you should get a coder who will make the changes for you.
Below you can find some tips on what sort of features you should check.
- Easy Installation – The software you want to use must be easy to install, without the need of a webmaster, this way you can save money.
- Easy to Use Dashboard – The WordPress shopping cart should have an easy to use dashboard where you – and may be your colleagues – can easily add and manage the products, handle the orders and buyers etc.
- It Must be Well-Coded and Stable – Never use an ecommerce software if it is not suggested by others. If you always have problems with your webstore, you will not look reliable and potential customers will leave your sites without shopping anything. If you want to build good online business, you will need a good tool.
- Easy Shopping for Customers – If you sell many products in that case you should only use a WordPress shopping cart that allows to add products to the cart easily, and make the process of paying simple as well. If the shopping process is complicated customers leave the site.
- Good Looking & Easy Navigation – If you prefer to use a WP shopping theme, it must have professional looking layout that match the products you sell. I mean, do not use pink theme for selling knives for hunters. Moreover, the theme must be easy to use for the visitors, they should easily reach the sites they are looking for. Most of the online shoppers are not “expert”, all the functions and elements of the website must be obvious.
- Supporting Many Payments – The must have payment getaway that it must be supported is Paypal, but the more sort of payments are available the better.
Extra Tips For Digital Product Online Stores – If you want to sell digital products online in that case you should pay attention to the security of the download pages. The place where the purchased digital products can be downloaded must be safe and completely hidden from the non-buyers. One solution to protect the purchased download is to set how many times the customer can download it, this way the dishonest customer will not share the link with others. In case you want to build a digital products online store, I suggest you to use a theme that is specially built for this sort of business.
You can find some WordPress shopping cart themes here that are really good: Top WordPress eCommerce Themes
Last updated byat .